Hinge is a small part hidden between door, leaf and frame in the installation of door and leaf, but it is the most important connector to realize the opening and closing of door and leaf. Doors and leaves can be opened and closed well, which requires sophisticated hinges. How to install high-quality hinges in a suitable position is also a key factor.
Hinges can be divided into ordinary hinges, pipe hinges and door hinges, which are mainly used for the installation and connection of different parts. Today I share with you the steps and precautions for the installation of wooden door hinges. The preparation before hinge installation is as follows
(1) Determine whether the height, width and thickness of the hinge match the wooden door. If the height, width and thickness do not match, the load-bearing of the hinge may not meet the requirements and affect the use of the wooden door.
(2) The hinge installation requires supporting screws and other fastening accessories, and check whether the accessories are matched and whether the quantity is complete.
(3) Determine the number and height of hinges. The number of hinges is determined according to the base material of the door. Usually, two hinges are enough for the installation of lighter doors such as paint free doors or PVC. Solid wood composite doors and solid wood doors are relatively heavy doors. The installation of three hinges is quite suitable, and can also bear the weight of the wooden door to avoid deformation and damage after a long time of use. It is more appropriate to install the third hinge 30cm below the installation position of the previous hinge.
Pipe hinges (zinc alloy and galvanized iron) are equipped with spring devices, which are mainly used for the connection of furniture door panels. The thickness is required to be between 16mm and 20mm. Usually the number of installations is 2. The upper and lower hinges are 1/3 away from the upper and lower corners respectively. The installation position of ordinary hinges shall be one quarter of the upper and lower corners of the door to ensure uniform stress.
(4) The corresponding hinge connection mode shall be selected according to the material, such as the connection of wooden door and frame shall be fastened with screws.
As a professional hinge company, welcome to pick up your needed hinges in the ROEASY.
Slot on the side where the hinge is installed, and the slot depth shall be consistent with the thick soil of the single sheet. After slotting, place the single sheet into the slot, and check whether the surface of the sheet is flush with the surface of the door edge (door pocket).
(2) Fastening hinge
Fix the hinge with matching screws. The screws shall be perpendicular to the door pocket and door edge surface. If the screws are inclined, there may be extrusion between the hinges when closing the door, it will affect the service life of the door.
(1) Different from ordinary hinges, the flush hinge is not two sheets of the same size, but looks like a pair of mother and child, which is composed of a smaller sub sheet and a larger master sheet. The sub leaf piece is similar to the hollowed-out part of the master leaf piece. Compared with the ordinary hinge, the sub flush hinge is thinner and is not suitable for heavy wooden doors.
(2) The core of the hinge is the bearing. The flexibility and durability of door opening and closing are determined by the bearing. The load-bearing of the flush hinge is lighter than that of the ordinary hinge. It is best to install three hinges to facilitate better load-bearing.
(3) If the flush hinge is installed on wooden door, it is best to use 304 stainless steel. The thickness of this hinge is up to 3mm. You can obviously feel the thickness and flexible turnover in your hand.