Today we are going to talk about the installation method of glass hinges. Although the types and specifications of glass hinges are different. However, the hinge installation method is almost the same. Then let's take the glass hinges installation method as an example to learn more about the knowledge about the installation of glass doors with hinges.
(1) Prepare tools. Special installation tools should be prepared in advance, such as measuring tape, level, woodworking pencil for drawing lines, woodworking hole opener for drilling, pistol drill, screwdriver for fixing, etc.
(2) Draw a positioning line. Firstly, a positioning line (the drilling margin is generally 5mm) should be drawn by an installation measuring board or woodworking pencil. Then, a 35mm reaming cup installation hold should be drilled with a pistol drill or woodworking hole opener. In general, the drilling depth is 12mm.
(3) Fix the hinge cup (the hinge product). Glass hinges should be inserted into the hinge cup hole on the door plate, and fix the hinge cup with self-tapping screws.
(4) Fix the base. After the hinge is inserted into the cup hole of the door panel, open the hinge, insert and align the side panels. And then fix the base with self-tapping screws.
(5) Debugging effect. The last step is to open and close the cabinet door to test the effect. In general, glass hinges can be adjusted in six directions with up and down alignment. And the two doors on the left and right are moderate. The cabinet door should be adjusted to the desired effect. After installation, the gap after closing the door is generally 2 mm.
(1) Please pay attention to the installation location and quantity. In theory, the larger the distance between the two hinges, the stronger the bearing capacity. However, the reality needed to be considered. 3 hinges can be used for heavy home doors while 2 hinges are enough for normal doors.
(2) Prevent falling fans. Falling fan refers to the increasing upper gap caused by the bad door and window installation. And the lower gap will gradually smaller to cause a bad switch. In serious cases, it will fall off. In general, the reason for this may due to a hinge with small specification, or the matching screws are not used.
(3) Pay attention to the gap distance. The gap between the hinge and the door panel must be well controlled. Otherwise, it will ugly. In general, the gap of the door panel is 3-5mm, and expansion joints should be reserved.
(4) The hinge profile is various. Ensure that fittings match. It is important to check whether the hinge groove matches the height, width and thickness of the hinge. Also, it is necessary to check whether the hinge and its connecting screws and fasteners are matched. The connection method of the glass hinge should match the material of the frame and fan. For example, the hinge used for the steel frame wooden door should be welded on the side connected with the steel frame, and the side connected with the wooden door fan should be fixed by wood screws.
The above is the relevant knowledge about the installation method of glass doors with hinges. After reading the short steps above, did you find that the hinge installation is very simple? Therefore, you can combine the above introduction and the instructions on the manual to roughly understand the installation skills even for different types of hinges.