From appearance, it is difficult to distinguish good hinge from bad hinge. The only distinction is by observing the thickness. The hinge of bad quality is usually welded by thin iron sheet, hardly with resilience, will lose elasticity for relatively long use, and cabinet door doesn't stay closed, so the function will be affected greatly. The good hinge uses metal for an impact molding, with firm feel and smooth surface, not easy to rust for thick outside cladding, steady and with strong bearing capacity.
The hinges of good or bad quality have different feel. Easy hinges for cabinets of high quality are relatively soft when opening cabinet door, will automatically rebound when closing to 15 degrees, and return force is even. The hinges of bad quality have short service life and easy to fall off. For example, cabinet door and wall cupboard will fall down because the hinges have poor quality.
If hinge screw is bad, the use will be wrong frequently. For example, bottom screw loose will make cabinet door break away from cabinet body. Generally, you have to confirm if the screw can stand test. You may get a screwdriver, try the adjustable hinge screws and fastening screw at hinge tail for several times, if they are easy to strip, you need to pay attention to them. Please check if screw thread is clear, and common screw has bad workmanship and bad materials so the screw thread is messy.
(1) Keep dry and avoid hardware like hinges among humid air.
(2) Add lube every two to three months to ensure pulley smooth and silent.
(3) Clean by dry soft cloth, never use chemical cleaner or acid liquid. If dark spot is discovered on surface, a little kerosene can be used for cleaning.
(4) Avoid easy hinges for cabinets to touch condiments such as salt, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, etc. If contact by accident, please clean by dry cloth immediately.
(5) If the hinges have worked loose or door panels are irregular, please fasten or adjust by tools immediately.
(6) Prevent touching and scratching from heavy weights and sharp instruments.
(7) Avoid over force when opening and shutting cabinet doors, prevent the hinges from fierce knock, otherwise electrodeposit may be damaged.
(8) Try not to open cabinet door for a long time.
(9) Avoid to drag furniture by force when carrying, otherwise hardware of furniture joint may be damaged.
Finally, open-close ways of easy hinges for cabinets will be introduced. There are two-point clamping hinge and three-point clamping hinge. Meanwhile, there is hydraulic hinge with multipoint position. What is multipoint position? Actually, it means that door panel can stay at each angle when opening, easy to open and will not shut suddenly, so that safe use is ensured. It is suitable for flip-up cabinet door, and is the most popular type for family choice.
Besides, from open-close ways, the types of easy hinges for cabinets can be divided into two kinds, outside and inside. The outside can be divided into half cover and full cover. And there is hinge connecting door panel of special materials, such as hinges for glass door. Usually, before installation, cabinet designer will explain the hinge type.